go beyond and become a yoga teacher with Private Yoga Institute.
Yoga Teacher Training 2020 in English starting September 2020
Hooked on yoga!?
Are you interested in deepening & cultivating your love of yoga and all it has to offer?
Then come join us on an extensive journey of knowledge & a extensive journey of knowledge and self discovery in our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training in English.
Discover the wonderful world of yoga and your true potential both on & off the mat with us at Private Yoga Institute.
Yoga is so much more than practicing asanas! Our carefully crafted curriculum incorporates the essential aspects of yoga to develop your inner yogi, empower your practice & inspire others to live a life of passion.
With roots stemming from Ashtanga yoga & Patanjali’s 8-limb path, our training integrates not only the physical components of yoga – anatomy, technique & teaching methodology, but also the sacred elements of meditation, mantras & yoga philosophy.
Our experienced trainers are here to guide you on your own personal path of discovery, enriching your practice & knowledge with individualised care & attention.
At Private Yoga we stand by our name, limiting our courses to small groups so we can meet the specific needs of each participant. You will leave confident in yourself and ability to share your yoga experience with others and the world around you.
Want to find out more? Register now for an open Info-Evening at: email@example.com
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training consists of over 200 on-site contact hours (teaching units) and 200 additional hours of self-study, homework, observation and participation in regular yoga classes.
The training is divided into weekly evening lessons (Mondays, 8:00-10:15pm), 6 weekend blocks and a final exam weekend.
September, 18th 2020
December, 13th 2020
Final Exam Weekend:
January, 30th & 31st 2020
every Monday 08:00–10:15 pm
and 7 Week-end Dates
Saturday & Sunday
Techniques and Tools in teaching Yoga
- Surya Namaskara A & B
- Basic Asanas & instructing asanas
- In-depth analysis of standing & seated postures
- Forward folds & backbends
- Twists & balances
- Variations & modifications of basic postures
- Introduction in Ashtanga Primary Series Sequence, Ashtanga Vinyasa Count & Hatha Yoga
- Voice & language
- Teaching who is in front of you
- Principles in giving verbal & physical cues and adjustments
- The Art of teaching & communication skills
- Adjustments & alignment
- Practice teaching with feedback
- Vinyasa Krama (Lesson planning & sequencing)
- Bandhas & drishtis
- Vinyasa Flow & subtle energy (the energetic body)
- What is yoga?
- Philosophical paths
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra
- Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita & Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Mantra: meaning and purpose
Body Structure and Movement
- Body Structure and Movement (Anatomy: bones & muscles & alignment)
- Study of the muscular system & how it applies to yoga. What is fascia
- Yoga for special alignments
- The Five Sheaths
- Prana, Nadis, Bandhas, Chakras
- Highlighting the subtle energy in your Classes – Bhava
Sequencing and Planning Classes
- Sequencing within and across asana families
- Logical sequences
- Before and after the training
In order to receive certification for the training, the participant needs to attend 90% of on-site contact hours, successfully complete all activities and homework connected to each module and pass an oral & practical final exam (practice teaching).
The training participation fee includes:
- Price: 3400€ (monthly payment plans available upon request)
The cost of the training includes:
- 200+ on-site contact hours with experience, qualified Yoga trainers
- Detailed teaching materials
- Oral & written tests
- Complimentary membership at PYI throughout the Teacher Training (September, 18th 2020)
- Early-Bird Bonus: 2 additional months free membership at PYI if you register by tbd
- WE 1: September, 18th-20th 2020
- WE 2: October, 17th-18th 2020
- WE 3: October, 31st-November-1st 2020
- WE 4: November, 14th-15th 2020
- WE 5: November, 28th-29th 2020
- WE 6: December, 12th-13th 2020
- WE 7: January, 30th-31st 2020 (Final Exam Weekend)
Jutta Gonder, Samantha (Sammy) Adams, Jillian Klufas, Simon Parish, Garrett Bodmanna, Frauke Schütte
After successful completion the participant receives a certificate. This certificate confirms the acquired competences.